We’re proud to be announcing the complete agenda for our 2012 State of Reform Health Policy Conference today!
We’ve lined up a tremendous list of speakers, including both gubernatorial candidates in next fall’s election: Rob McKenna and Jay Inslee. It appears this event will be the first time they address health care to the same audience, and we are proud that they both have chosen this forum to present their ideas.
If that wasn’t enough, we’ve also lined up another 70 speakers from across the health care spectrum to address the most central challenges facing health policy and the health care marketplace today.
For instance, our opening general session:
8:45 Thought Leadership: Big Ideas for Policy Makers
What are some of the big ideas in the marketplace that might inform policy makers moving into the 2012 legislative session, and beyond? These executives will discuss.
• Jonathan Hensley: President, Regence Washington
• Aaron Katz: Lecturer, Univ. of Washington
• David Rolf: President, SEIU 775NW
• Pete Rutherford: Chief Executive Officer, Wenatchee Valley Medical Center
Or, maybe that’s too big picture for you. Try this:
11:30 Key Policy Challenges: Dual Eligibles
At $20,000 per person for average health care costs, the population of citizens eligible for both Medicare and Medicaid are an expensive challenge to address. Hear about policy discussions focused on addressing this population.
• Rep. Laurie Jinkins (D-Tacoma): Member, House Health and Wellness Committee
• Bea Rector: Project Director, Duals Innovation Grant, Aging & Disability Services Administration
• Susan Tuller: Executive Director, Providence ElderPlace
• Misha Werschkul: Legislative and Policy Director, SEIU 775NW
Or maybe you just want to know what’s on the horizon. Here you go…
1:15 Coming Next to Medicaid
From integrating behavioral health with traditional medical care, to merging Basic Health with Healthy Options, there is a lot happening in Medicaid today. Hear some of today’s thinking that will lead to the Medicaid of tomorrow.
• Rebecca Kavoussi: Director of Public Program Strategy and Development, Group Health Cooperative
• Preston Cody: Director, Division of Healthcare Services, Health Care Authority
• Betsy Jones: Director of Product Development, Community Health Plan of Washington
Getting the hint? If you are interested in health care, then this is where you should be on January 4th, 2012.