The nominations from the 4 legislative caucuses of members who will lead the health insurance exchange have been announced. They now await appointment by Gov. Gregoire.
Senate Democratic Caucus—
· Don Barbieri, former CEO and current Chairman of the Board of Red Lion Hotels Corporation
· Melanie Curtice, an attorney at Stoel Rives
· Sue Sharpe, Executive Director of the St. Luke’s Foundation
· Margaret Stanley, former head of CalPERS, Puget Sound Health Alliance, and the Administrator of the Washington HCA.
Senate Republican Caucus—
· Steve Neighbors, Chairman and Co-Owner of TERRA Staffing Group, representing small business interests
· Ted Blotsky, Senior Vice President of Employee Benefit Services for Associated Industries
House Democratic Caucus—
· Doug Conrad, Professor, University of Washington;
· Dr. Ben Daniels, Medical Director, Odessa Brown Clinic;
· Knut Ringer, Consultant (disease management, environment, safety, health management, workers comp and group health);
· Rogelio Riojas, Executive Director, Sea Mar Community Health Centers; and
· Diane Zahn, Secretary/Treasurer, UFCW 21.
House Republican Caucus—
· Philip Dyer, Senior Vice President for Health Management Services at Kibble & Prentice, and former Republican Legislator (House Health Care Committee Chair)
· Jeff Gingold, attorney with Lane Powell
· Jerry Lusk, nominated to provide actuarial expertise
· Don Conant, a Professor at St Martin’s University and member of the Exchange’s Technical Advisory Committee
· Nancy Wildermuth, a private practice attorney and former legislative advocate on health care issues